CatDV Pro is a clip logging and cataloging application designed to enhance the productivity of video editors using an existing NLE application.
Do you need a way to quickly see what tapes and other media files you've got, not just at the tape or file level but down to individual scenes and shots? Or a tool to take the drudgery out of logging, with advanced features such as automatic scene detection available at an affordable price?
- Excellent integration with Final Cut Pro and other professional editing systems.
- Built in sequence editing, to create rough cut edits from the convenience of your asset management tool.
- Unlimited user-defined metadata attributes to annotate clips.
- Enhanced search dialog, with multiple conditions and logical expressions, named filters, and regular expressions.
- Additional interchange file formats, such as Final Cut Pro XML, Avid ALE, Premiere Pro batch lists, and more.
- Support for image sequences.
- Support for reading metadata from additional file formats, including PDF and XML.
- Verbatim Logger command.
- Log using timecode event markers within a clip or by creating subclips.
- Fully customisable preview settings.
- Customisable clip details panel layout.
- Timezone and camera clock adjustments to permit accurate date-based correlation of shots taken with different cameras.
- Support for standard JKL shuttle controls when playing media.
- Use CatDV Pro as a client to gain access to the networked capabilities provied by the CatDV Server.
- Catalog arbitrary files, not just media files.
- With the optional CatDV MXF Option, read metadata from MXF and XDCAM files, and import Avid or P2 clips and automatically sync up video and audio as an MXF metaclip.
Now requires OS X 10.7.3 or later running on a 64-bit Intel processor
The Windows installer is now signed and includes an embedded 64-bit Java JRE.
Display audio waveforms in the windowed movie player (accessible via toolbar button or Cmd/Ctrl-P, then press 'A' to toggle waveform on and off).
New media playback options whether to auto play movies and remember playhead position.
Remove old 'good/no good' functionality by default (can be re-enabled in prefs) and use more modern star ratings instead (press '1' to '5' or '0' to set rating on an asset).